27 December 2016

What to read, watch or play at Christmas

HELLO READERS!


Christmas holidays are round the corner and we have a lot of free time to watch films, series, to read a book, to play games… In these post I will recommend you from my personal point of view two films to watch and one or two fantastic books that you can read in your free time. Are you ready to know who are they?
So, let’s start!!


FILMS TO WATCH: One of the most thing that I do on holidays is watching a film. I like many genres of the films: scary, epic, drama, wars, comedy… In these month I saw many films but among many that I have seen, I like them too much two of them: THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON & INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE.




The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a 2008 American romantic fantasy drama film directed by David Fincher. The film stars Brad Pitt as a man who ages in reverse and Cate Blanchett as the love interest throughout his life. That is, It turns out that Benjamin Button (as the "baby" ends up being called) ages in reverse. He was born at 70 and gets younger at the same rate that everyone else gets older. His parents are filled with shame at their abnormal child and force him to act like a baby, even though Benjamin has the body and mind of a much older man.


As I mentioned before Brad Pitt and  Cate Blanchett , they are the main protagonist of these film. Apart from them there are many others like Taraji P. Henson , Julia Ormond,  Tilda Swinton,  Jason Flemyng,  Elias Koteas,  Elle Fanning,  Mahershala Ali …. And the director is David Fincher.  


I like it very much these film, because it is very curious as it says in the title. Also because appears one of my favorite actor that is Brad Pitt. Finally it is to mention that it is a very long film lasts approximately 2h 46min.

HERE YOU CAN WATCH THE TRAILER:




Interview with the Vampire is a 1994 American drama horror film directed by Neil Jordan, based on the 1976 novel Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, and starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. The film focuses on Lestat (Cruise) and Louis (Pitt), beginning with Louis's transformation into a vampire by Lestat in 1791. The film chronicles their time together, and their turning of a twelve-year-old girl, Claudia (Kirsten Dunst), into a vampire. The narrative is framed by a present-day interview, in which Louis tells his story to a San Francisco reporter.

As I mentioned before, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt  and Kirsten Dunst are the main protagonist. Apart from them there are many others like Antonio Banderas, Christian Slater, Stephen Rea, Thandie Newton….



I enjoy very much watching these film because the dialogues and the script of the film is very good. Besides, the setting and costumes are very successful. Finally specially Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt they play their roles very well.

HERE YOU CAN WATCH THE TRAILER:



A BOOK TO READ:  I don’t really like to read a book but when I like the topic, I hook myself very fast. I hooked up very fast with the book “THE BOY IN THE STRIPED PYJAMAS”.


The Boy in the Striped Pajamas is a fictional tale of the unlikeliest of friends: the son of a Nazi commandant and a Jewish concentration camp inmate. Written by  John Boyne and published in 2006 by David Fickling Books, the story was made into a major motion picture in 2008.

Summary:
Germany 1942: Bruno's family moves to a new house, where he he meets another boy whose life and circumstances are very different to his own. Their meeting results in a friendship that has devastating consequences.

I really like reading these book. First of all you can see the point of view of a little boy called Bruno about how is the war whose father is a Nazi. Also, it is very easier to read and it describes very well the characters so that, you can easily imagine everything that happens. Firstly I recommend reading the book and later you can watch the film. From my point of view I like more the book than the film.

I hope you like and enjoy them on this Christmas!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment